He is currently 23 weeks old and weighs 22.95 kgs.
He loves time outside in the garden playing with his toys, chasing leaves and generally just chilling in the fresh air.
To refresh ourselves on hectors progress, he has met
- Hector O hEochagan in Galway (as in picture on head of page)
- Lord Mayor of Dublin at the Mansion House
- Head of Labour Eamon Gilmore at Paddy Powers Bookies on Baggott Street
- RTE radio in Galway's RTE studios
- Paddy Powers Bookies in Baggott Street
- Department Stores like Brown Thomas and Arnotts
- Shopping Malls
- Resaturants such as Gotham, Casa Pasta, Moloughney's
- The GP's when I had an appointment
- Coffee Shops lcally like Tillys or in town like Avoca
- The Luas
- The vets Denis Shannon's
- Numerous Puppy Classes
- a microchip put in
- all three vaccines, IGDB vaccinate their pups three times to ensure they are 100% ok
- Kennel cough vaccine
- Wormed every three months and Flea treatment given every month
- and has had a number of washes as seen in picture below where Lucy and Sarah are drying him after a big wash!!!
- be neutered
- meet Sonia O'Sullivan and
- Roy Keane
- do another radio interview with Hector O hEochagain and
- maybe meet up again with Hector at the end of April in Cork
Now thats what I call a busy pup and I suppose a busy Puppy Walker.
As I have said the next month is going to be busy for Hector, starting with this Wednesday he is going to Dog Trust Ireland to be neutered, along with Nikita and Izzie.
All guide dog pups are neutered around this age unless they have been ear-marked for breeding stock, i.e. to be used as a brood bitch or a stud dog. Most of the guide dog pups are bred from the Guide Dogs own dogs which they have nurtured and brought along to achieve a very high standard. Occasionally Irish Guide Dogs exchange dogs with other Guide Dog Organisation's world-wide so as to introduce fresh blood into their breeding stock line.
Hector: I know the guys in Dog Trust Ireland will be looking after me really well but I am a bit nervous all the same. Don't forget guys plenty of pain killers please, not too fond of suffering too much!!!
All going well we also hope to get to talk to Hector on the airwaves that morning.
Hector: I hope Sonia doesn't want to go for a run, I'm really not that fit and I will be looking for lots of TLC seeing as I will just be over my surgery.
Hopefully after that it we maybe heading to Cork to meet our 2-legged Hector, "the Godfather" at guide Dod Headquarters.
I am really looking forward to seeing the new headquarters in Cork, I believe it is state of the art and out of this world.
Hector: Now that you have mentioned "state if the art facilities" I might try and head down early, sounds very posh and cool in Cork!!!